I am a Sr. User Experience Researcher at Synaptics. My work is situated at the intersection of Human-Computer Interaction and Human Augmentation. I design, implement and study novel input technology in the areas of mobile, tangible & non-visual interaction, automotive UX and assistive augmentation.
Beyond code & electronics, I am in to guitars, volleyball and cooking. I am a bike nerd, so-so photographer and snowboard newbie.
- Jan 23 CHI '17 full paper with TU Darmstadt and Uni Saarland accepted.
- Nov 25 MOTYF 2016 was fabulous. Thank you!
- Sep 27 Full paper on steering wheel force input, SID Vehicle Displays 2016.
- Jun 30 Talk on Assistive Augmentation at UX Schweiz, ETH Zurich.
- Apr 01 Benjamin joined as UX design intern for this Summer, hooray!
FingerReader: A Wearable Device to Explore Printed Text on the Go
Shilkrot*, Huber*, Wong, Maes and Nanayakkara
Full Paper. In Proceedings of CHI '15. [* equal contribution]
EarPut: Augmenting Ear-worn Devices for Ear-based Interaction
Lissermann, Huber, Hadjakos, Nanayakkara and Mühlhäuser
Full Paper. In Proceedings of OzCHI ’14.
A Research Overview of Mobile Projected User Interfaces
Journal Article. Informatik Spektrum. 2014.
Permulin: Mixed-Focus Collaboration on Multi-View Tabletops
Lissermann, Huber, Schmitz, Steimle and Mühlhäuser
Full Paper. In Proceedings of CHI ’14.