I am a Sr. User Experience Researcher at Synaptics. My work is situated at the intersection of Human-Computer Interaction and Human Augmentation. I design, implement and study novel input technology in the areas of mobile, tangible & non-visual interaction, automotive UX and assistive augmentation.
Beyond code & electronics, I am in to guitars, volleyball and cooking. I am a bike nerd, so-so photographer and snowboard newbie.
- Sep 01 2 new AutoUI papers and 1 new SID Vehicle Displays paper.
- Aug 01 Benjamin joined us again as UX design intern, hooray!
- Apr 09 Fantastic experience to support Digital Ideation's Emerging
Tech course at Lucerne University. Thank you Andres and Marc!
- Jan 23 CHI '17 full paper with TU Darmstadt and Uni Saarland accepted.
- Nov 25 MOTYF 2016 was fabulous. Thank you!
FingerReader: A Wearable Device to Explore Printed Text on the Go
Shilkrot*, Huber*, Wong, Maes and Nanayakkara
Full Paper. In Proceedings of CHI '15. [* equal contribution]
EarPut: Augmenting Ear-worn Devices for Ear-based Interaction
Lissermann, Huber, Hadjakos, Nanayakkara and Mühlhäuser
Full Paper. In Proceedings of OzCHI ’14.
A Research Overview of Mobile Projected User Interfaces
Journal Article. Informatik Spektrum. 2014.
Permulin: Mixed-Focus Collaboration on Multi-View Tabletops
Lissermann, Huber, Schmitz, Steimle and Mühlhäuser
Full Paper. In Proceedings of CHI ’14.