I am a Sr. User Experience Researcher at Synaptics. My work is situated at the intersection of Human-Computer Interaction and Human Augmentation. I design, implement and study novel input technology in the areas of mobile, tangible & non-visual interaction, assistive augmentation and automotive UX.
Beyond code & electronics, I am in to guitars, volleyball and cooking. I am a bike nerd, so-so photographer and snowboard newbie.
- Jun 30 Talk on Assistive Augmentation at UX Schweiz, ETH Zurich.
- Apr 01 Benjamin joined as UX design intern for this Summer, hooray!
- Mar 14 I will act as demonstrations chair for ACM C&C 2017.
- Feb 08 CHI 2016 automotive LBW on ForcePad accepted.
- Sep 06 Article on finger augmentation accepted to ACM Computing Surveys.
FingerReader: A Wearable Device to Explore Printed Text on the Go
Shilkrot*, Huber*, Wong, Maes and Nanayakkara
Full Paper. In Proceedings of CHI '15. [* equal contribution]
EarPut: Augmenting Ear-worn Devices for Ear-based Interaction
Lissermann, Huber, Hadjakos, Nanayakkara and Mühlhäuser
Full Paper. In Proceedings of OzCHI ’14.
A Research Overview of Mobile Projected User Interfaces
Journal Article. Informatik Spektrum. 2014.
Permulin: Mixed-Focus Collaboration on Multi-View Tabletops
Lissermann, Huber, Schmitz, Steimle and Mühlhäuser
Full Paper. In Proceedings of CHI ’14.